“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
The RE Faculty
As part of the self review and evaluation procedures we have in place, the RE Faculty, in line with other Faculties, ensures the following is completed and that our Vision, which is the central tool in all that we do, enables our school community to develop and flourish.
- Book Sample Audits: The RE Faculty takes a random sample of RE books, and checks that they meet the school expectations. A report is created and this is fed back to SLMT.
- Learning Walks: These are completed each half term for different Key Stages and are reported back to SLMT with areas for further development. The Learning Walks are also an opportunity to record the distinctive nature of our Church school.
- Church School Cluster Moderation: The RE Faculty have also been involved in the Wandsworth Church School Cluster moderation of books and sharing of best practice in order to develop RE across the school.
- CPD and Distinctive Tours: The Faculty has also facilitated training and RE distinctive tour visits for members of staff from the Wandsworth Church School cluster group.
Furthermore, as an RE Faculty, with the monitoring, self-review and reflection that takes place, we are proud to state we provide outstanding provision within the curriculum to demonstrate that both pupils and staff have the opportunity to explore, experience and reflect upon spiritual development through professional development and through the outstanding teaching and learning of RE. Please refer to the links below for further information.
RE Faculty Monitoring of Our Distinctive School
- RE Faculty & Worship Action Plan 2020-2021
- A Celebration of RE at St. Michael’s Through Photographs
- RE Faculty RE and Worship Action Plan 2019-2020
- RE Faculty Monitoring of the Distinctive Character of Our School: Spring 2020
- RE Faculty Monitoring of the Distinctive Character of Our School: Autumn 1 2019
- RE Faculty Monitoring of the Distinctive Character of Our School: Spring Term 1: 2019
- St. Michael’s CE School: Pupil Faith Group