“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
St. Michael’s CE Primary School is a Voluntary Aided Church of England School in the Diocese of Southwark and also part of the Wandsworth Church School Cluster. Our partnership with these organisations is extremely strong and well-embedded.
The Southwark Diocesan Board of Education (SDBE) provide assistance and advice to the Board of Governors, Leadership Teams and staff on all areas of leadership and management and the quality of education (teaching, learning and outcomes). Furthermore, through our strong partnership with other Church schools in our locality we are able to share good practise and ideas. (Please refer to the list at the end of this page)
As a school we highly value the advice and guidance from the SDBE and fellow colleagues in the Wandsworth Cluster as it further reinforces an aspect of our school vision to ‘Partner’ with each other.
Staff and Governors attend professional development at the SDBE and receive focused and highly effective professional development. This is disseminated through follow up meetings enabling the school to strengthen its work in being an outstanding and deeply committed Church school under the umbrella of the SDBE.
Our Mission and Vision encompasses all that we do as a Church school under the guidance of the SDBE and we aim to fulfil the Board’s Mission alongside ours.
The school values the links it has with the SDBE and signs up annually to the SDBE Service Level Agreement.
Here is an extract from the Home Page of the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education
“We aim to provide professional, expert advice and assistance to support schools, colleges and universities in their endeavours to promote education and an understanding of the Christian Gospel.
The Diocese of Southwark covers 12 local authorities across south London and part of Surrey….. We offer support and advice to 106 Church of England schools and academies and to the university and further education chaplaincies in the Diocese.”
Chair of the Board
The Chair of the Board is the Bishop of Croydon, the Rt Revd Jonathan Clark
The Director of Education
The Director of Education is Mr Colin Powell.
Please click on the link to the SDBE Homepage:
Wandsworth Diocesan Board of Education Church School Cluster
As a Church school we value the partnership we have with the other Church schools in Wandsworth and all under the umbrella of the SDBE.
Our Headteacher, Ann-Marie Grant, is Co-Chair of the Wandsworth Church Headteacher Cluster and attends the SDBE Headteacher Forum, developing and supporting practise across the other SDBE schools
Regular meetings take place between the Headteachers, Leadership and RE subject leads in the cluster schools and we are able to evaluate and reflect upon our vision, our provision and the impact in all that we do. Examples of the strong partnership to date includes:
- Facilitating RE and Church distinctiveness tours for Leadership of the Church cluster;
- Facilitating the ‘information afternoon’ for Headteachers interested in the development of the RE Quality Mark;
- Working in partnership with other RE leads to moderate and assess RE book audits;
- Sharing of good practise of assessment and supporting / sharing the development of this area with other schools using our own personalised template;
- Providing the base for CPD on the Church of England’s document “Valuing All God’s Children”;
- Mentoring and supporting other Headteachers in their leadership role;
- Leadership attendance at a Mental Health and Well-being 1st Aid course facilitated by another Church school in the cluster;
- Supporting a school on inclusion and all that this area includes demonstrating how we fulfil the Church of England’s document entitled “Valuing All God’s Children” and being an inclusive school.
All of the above demonstrates our deep commitment as a school to being part of the SDBE as well as the local Church school cluster.
The Bridge Newspaper
The Bridge is a monthly newspaper of the Anglican Diocese of Southwark. We were delighted to have been included in the December 2018 issue with an article on our amazing Remembrance Week and in April 2019 for our Courageous Advocacy work.
Please click on the link: