“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
This page will have the information we send to parents about our return to school from September 2020. Please ensure that you regularly check the information sent out. As a Leadership Team we want to ensure that in all that we do, the children and school community’s safety, good health and well-being remain a priority.
The key words we will be focusing upon along with our Mission and Vision are:
‘Review, Reflect & Recover’
School Return – Leadership & Management Expectations
The school is following the government guidelines to ensure that we reopen our gates on 3rd September 2020 to all pupils. The expectation is that all pupils will return to school on Thursday 3rd September 2020.
Letters and Notifications to Parents
Letters are posted here in reversal order – Please note the most recent communication is at the top
- AMG Return Information 3: Final Confirmation
- AMG Return Information 2: Proposed Timetable Chart Outlining Start of Day and End of Day
- AMG Return Information 1: Proposed School Reopening September 2020
Other Documentation To Note
- Department for Education Government Guidance Document: Guidance for full opening: Schools (July 2020)
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of All the Key Areas
- St. Michael’s CE School COVID19 Risk Assessment
- Contingency Planning 2020
Videos from the Senior Leadership Team
- Leadership Video from Mrs Grant
- Quality of Education Video from Mr Bawn
- Behaviour and Wellbeing Video from Mr Walters
- Inclusion Video from Mrs Harris
Quality of Education: Google Learning Platform – School Expectations
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of the Quality of Education
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of Inclusion (and SEND)
Personal Development, Behaviour & Attitudes – School Expectations
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of Behaviour & Attitudes and Personal Development
Parent Voice Feedback
In July 2020 we asked parents to complete a survey on their views and experiences of Lockdown Learning and School Communication. We were keen to ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ in partnership with the parent community so that in the event of any further national or local lockdown, we would be prepared and able to continue to work in partnership with the parents and children, equip them with the information, knowledge and understanding of expectations in terms of the learning platform as well as create a strong and cohesive partnership between home and school where our motto of ‘Working together for the good of all’ was fulfilled. Please click on the link to gain an overview of parental responses.
As a precautionary measure we would like to share with you the current NHS advice on the Corona Virus or COVID-19 illness. However, this advice is being updated frequently and updates can be found using the following links to ensure you access the most up to date advice and guidance:
- Coronavirus-Public-Information Poster
If families become concerned that they may have the virus, they are advised to make immediate contact with NHS111 and follow their advice. It is also very important that the school office is informed immediately.