“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
This page will have the information we send to parents about our return to school from September 2020 and it will be updated accordingly. Please ensure that you regularly check the information sent out. As a Leadership Team we want to ensure that in all that we do, the children and school community’s safety, good health and well-being remain a priority.
The key words we will be focusing upon along with our Mission and Vision are:
‘Review, Reflect & Recover’
School Return – Leadership & Management Expectations
The school is following the government guidelines to ensure that we remain open to all pupils and that our school is a safe place for all to be.
Coming into school, please note:
When parents / carers / visitors come onto the school site for collection or meetings – face coverings MUST be worn. Thank you
In addition, the required expectation is that any visitors who come inside the school building must give their details to the office as part of the track and trace / and scan the school QR code if they have the NHS app.
Thank you for supporting us to keep our school and its community safe.
Letters and Notifications to Parents
Letters are posted here in reversal order – Please note the most recent communication is at the top
- AMG Information 14: Revised Bubble Drop Off & Collection Staggered Times as of Monday 2nd November
- AMG Information 13: Covid Guidelines Tier 2 Letter to Parents
Tier 2 Government Guidance: I refer you to the Government guidance here which sets this out very clearly what is and is not permitted:
- AMG Information 12: Tier 2 Government Information Guidance
- AMG Information 11: Pupil Voice: Post Lockdown Survey: October 2020
- AMG Information 10: Self Isolation Online Learning Overview & Links for Parents
- AMG Information 9: COVID Related Absences September 2020
- AMG Information 8: Revised Bubble Drop Off & Collection Staggered Times as of Monday 28th September
- AMG Information 7: Bubble Return Parent Survey From Year 2 & 4: September 2020
- AMG Information 6: Bubble Closure
The school risk assessment is an ongoing working document that is constantly under review and updated as guided by Government directives and that of the Local Authority. Please refer to the link below:
August- Final Confirmation
- AMG Return Information 5: Confirmed Return to School
- AMG Return Information 4: Confirmed Timetable for the Start and End of Day Drop Off & Collection
- AMG Return Information 3: Confirmed Procedures to follow in the event of coronavirus at school 2020
July – Proposed Return (Letters sent out last term giving the proposed overview)
- AMG Return Information 2: Proposed Timetable Chart Outlining Start of Day and End of Day
- AMG Return Information 1: Proposed School Reopening September 2020
Other Documentation To Note: The information below will give you an overview of the procedures and systems we are following.
- Contingency Planning Overview 2020
- Department for Education Government Guidance: What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Department for Education Government Guidance Document: Guidance for full opening: Schools (July 2020)
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of All the Key Areas
Videos from the Senior Leadership Team
- Leadership Video from Mrs Grant
- Quality of Education Video from Mr Bawn
- Behaviour and Wellbeing Video from Mr Walters
- Inclusion Video from Mrs Harris
Quality of Education: Google Learning Platform – School Expectations
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of the Quality of Education
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of Inclusion (and SEND)
Personal Development, Behaviour & Attitudes – School Expectations
- Leadership Overview of the ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ of Behaviour & Attitudes and Personal Development
Parent Voice Feedback
In July 2020 we asked parents to complete a survey on their views and experiences of Lockdown Learning and School Communication. We were keen to ‘Review, Reflect and Recovery’ in partnership with the parent community so that in the event of any further national or local lockdown, we would be prepared and able to continue to work in partnership with the parents and children, equip them with the information, knowledge and understanding of expectations in terms of the learning platform as well as create a strong and cohesive partnership between home and school where our motto of ‘Working together for the good of all’ was fulfilled. Please click on the link to gain an overview of parental responses.
In September 2020 we asked Year 2 and 4 parents to give us feedback on their experiences during the temporary ‘bubble’ lockdown for those two Year Groups. The comments and feedback were all very helpful. We have reflected and taken several ideas on board. Please click on the link below to see our analysis of the survey.
As a precautionary measure we would like to share with you the current NHS advice on the Corona Virus or COVID-19 illness. However, this advice is being updated frequently and updates can be found using the following links to ensure you access the most up to date advice and guidance:
- Coronavirus-Public-Information Poster
If families become concerned that they may have the virus, they are advised to make immediate contact with NHS111 and follow their advice. It is also very important that the school office is informed immediately.