Create -Equip -Partner
School Closure Update
The school is following the advice set out by Public Health England. As of Monday 23rd March the school is closed to children, with the exception of certain government defined categories. As a school we will endeavour to ensure that the school remains open during this ‘national closure’, however, this is dependent upon staff being well and healthy and able to be in. We are currently running a skeleton rota system for all staff to ensure their well-being at this time.
Whilst the COVID19 pandemic is happening, all schools have reviewed their safeguarding and child protection policies. We have had to update them with an additional addendum. Please click on the link below for St. Michael’s COVID19 Addendum:
Whilst the school is closed to the majority of school pupils, we will send regular updates links via the fantastic parent class reps we have in place and also the weekly web updates. We also will be posting a ‘Weekly Photo Story of Home School Learning’ Please refer to the links below.
Weekly Home School Photo Stories – A Celebration of our Home School Learning
Home School Messages (the most recent at the top)
- AMG Message: School Message: Easter bonnet Letter: March 30th 2020
- AMG Home School Message: 26th March 2020
- AMG Home School Message: 23rd March 2020.
Letters sent to parents from school
- 1. ParentMail sent out 26th February 2020
- 2. 27th Feb 2020: Coronavirus Letter
- 3: 2nd March 2020_ Message sent by ParentMail (Saint Cecilia’s shut)
- 4. 9th March 2020. Coronavirus Letter Message 4
- 5. Coronavirus Poster for parents
- 6. 12th March 2020 Coronavirus Update Message 5
- 7. 13th March 2020 Coronavirus Update -Message 6
- 8. 17th March 2020 Coronavirus Update Message 7
- 9. 18th March Coronavirus Update Message 8
- 10.19th March- School Closure Update Urgent Information Required: Message 9
- 11. 19th March – Information About Closure and Key Workers;Message 10
If families become concerned that they may have the virus, they are advised to make immediate contact with NHS111 and follow their advice. It is also very important that the school office is informed immediately.
NHS & Government Advice
As a precautionary measure we would like to share with you the current NHS advice on the Coronavirus or COVID-19 illness. However, this advice is being updated frequently and updates can be found using the following links to ensure you access the most up to date advice and guidance: