“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
At St. Michael’s we are fully committed to the well-being of all our pupils. We do recognise that children who are designated as “Looked After” due to their social circumstances may require additional support. We have designated members of staff and Governors who oversee and support this area.
The Designated Looked After Children Leaders at St. Michael’s CE School is Mrs Angela Harris (Assistant Headteacher & Inclusion Manager)
The Designated Governor Safeguarding and Looked After Children Leaders at St. Michael’s CE School are Mrs Gaby McWhinnie (Chair of the Board of Governors) and Mrs Sarah Marshall (Vice Chair of the Board of Governors).
The designated leads must:
- Promote a culture of high expectations and aspirations for how Looked After Children (LAC) learn
- Ensure the young person has a voice in setting their learning targets;
- Be a source of advice for staff about differentiated teaching strategies appropriate for individual children;
- Have lead responsibility for the development and implementation of the child’s personal education plan (PEP). Ensure interventions are in place to raise attainment and progress;
- Monitor the use and impact of Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) focused on raising attainment and use of wider enrichment eg after school clubs.