“St. Michael’s Church of England School, established upon Christian foundations, and living out the Christian faith, is committed to providing every child with an excellent education.”
We promote our Vision through the key words:
‘Create – Equip – Partner’
Online Learning and COVID Catch up
At St. Michael’s we offer a broad and balanced curriculum and this includes online, whether it be homework or due to having to complete learning from home to support bubble closures or COVID catch up.
We have an agreed systematic approach to all areas of the curriculum to ensure consistency, continuity and progression throughout the whole school. This is coherently planned and sequenced and we ensure that children are all able to access their online learning.
We use Wonde to store a lot of the online Applications that we use. To access your children’s online learning, please use the links below. Try to use Wonde first as this is where most of the applications are stored. However, if needed, you are able to use each application on its own.
You are able to use both a Magic Badge or Emoji password to log into Wonde.
1. Mr Bawn’s message “now your bubble has shut”
2. Mr Bawn’s ‘how to get online‘ and access message
3. Mrs Harris’s explanation of “how to use Google Classroom”:
– Link 1: https://youtu.be/
– Link 2: https://youtu.be/
7. Scholastic explanation video – this was made during lockdown but should still be used to be able to understand it
COVID Catch up
Virtual Learning and Curriculum Catch up
- Google Platform for all learners over COVID was established
- Isolated Cases – White Rose and Oak Academy lessons are used for online learning
- Lockdown cases – full St. Michael’s timetable using Google Classroom and Screencastify to record “pre-recorded lessons” are used for online learning and group/1:1 SEND work – This is found on Google Classroom
- Live registration each morning, small group work and SEND groups for bubble closures
Curriculum Catch up
- Scholastic to support reading in years 2-4
- Timetable changes in Autumn to support core subjects
- Booster staff in every year group to support targeted catch up and booster
- Mathletics, ReadiWriter, TimesTables Rockstars, Scholastic programmes bought into to support catch up
- Whole class GGR (KS2) to improve and increase GGR sessions in KS2